May 24, 2011

My Birthday

Sunday was my birthday.  If you've read my craft blog, you know about some of it already.  But for those of you who don't, I'll give you the full run down here:

I woke up to the usual birthday banner and presents.  Even though we have 9:00 church on Sundays, my children get up so early that we had plenty of time to open presents before it was time to get ready.


I got gift cards aplenty, which means a lot of crafty shopping in the next few weeks!  Thank you to everyone!  I also got some cute bags, some candles and lotion, and some great fabric from my sister, whose family is stationed in South Korea.  I have great ideas for many of the fabrics already churning in my head.


I already completed one project, a dust cover for my sewing machine,


and am hard at work on sewing a new skirt from one of the other fabrics.  I would have finished it to show off today, but I ran out of white thread.  Oh well-


Anyway, after church and a lazy afternoon, Marcus made us a really nice dinner.  I was a little bummed because I kind of wanted to share my birthday with friends, too.  I love my family, but it's even more fun to celebrate with more people.   Anyway, I do have two close friends, Lee and Anissa,  that we do lots of things with, but they weren't able to come over due to a prior dinner invitation from another friend.  So, I was kind of moping- wishing someone could have come over so we didn't have to waste all the food Marcus was making.

Then the doorbell rang- and it was Lee and Anissa!  Their "prior dinner invitation" was from Marcus, who told them to make up an excuse when I invited them to come.  Ha ha- very funny!  I was completely surprised to see them, and so happy they were able to come share my birthday with me!  It really made my day.

Marcus is great at surprises.  Last year, he flew my sister in from Virgina for my birthday.  This year, it was our friends.  I don't know what he'll come up with next....

Anyway, we had tri-tip steak, Asian salad, rolls, and of course, birthday cake and ice cream.  Everyone sang to me, and after we put the kids to bed, we even got a card game in.


Sadly, this was the best picture of me....


Thanks, friends and family, for a wonderful birthday!

No comments: