This has been a crazy, fun week. To celebrate the last week of school, Emma's kindergarten class had a variety of fun activities. Monday was Game Day, where each child got to bring in a board game and teach it to a group of friends. Wednesday was Water Day, where they played fun water games and got soaked outside! Thursday was a special End-of-theYear Program and Ice Cream celebration! Today, Friday, was the last day of school. An assembly was held, awards were given out, and pizza was eaten!
Emma received several awards from her teacher. She was recognized at the assembly for exceptional attendance (she only missed one day!) and for being in the Phonogram Club! Emma's school uses the Spalding method for reading and writing, which is based on a series of phonograms. They learn 70 phonograms over the course of the school year, and learn to write them correctly. It's a very logical way to learn reading. Anyway, Emma was one of six in her class to earn 100% on the final phonogram test.
Emma also received an award for being a hard worker and a good listener in class. I am so proud of her for working so hard in school!
Emma has just loved kindergarten. Every day when she gets in the car, she says "I had a good day today!" When I ask her what she liked best, she has her favorites. But when I ask her if there was anything she didn't like about school, she said "I like everything!" I know she just has an appetite for learning, but I also credit her amazing teacher, Mrs. Perkins. She was the perfect teacher for Emma's first school experience, and we will miss her a lot. Luckily she is in our stake, so we'll see her around from time to time.
Mrs. Perkins was so nice to share some pictures of the kids from throughout the year, so I picked out a few of Emma to share with you.
 |
| This is Emma right before school started. |
 |
And this is her on the last week.
|
 |
| Celebrating 100 days of school |
 |
| Thanksgiving |
 |
| Dr. Seuss's birthday |
 |
| Hard at work in the classroom |
 |
Emma and her friend Carston- she plays with him and Adam
at recess because "they love me" |
We will miss her friends and classmates this summer, but we are definitely ready for first grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment