May 14, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Pays a visit....twice

In just one short week, Emma lost her first two teeth.  Can you see where they were?  Her new teeth are already growing in.



The first one fell out at the end of swim class.  It was a terrible time for the first tooth to fall out.  Emma had just finished her lesson, I was holding a grumpy, crying Drew in my arms, I was trying to fix Kyle's swim class schedule, and Emma was dripping water all over the floor.  Suddenly there was blood and a tooth.  Somewhere between the crying baby, the schedule papers, and the gauze pad wrapper, I lost the tooth.  Possibly even threw it away.  Way to mark the milestone, Mom.

Luckily, the tooth fairy accepts drawings of teeth.  Did you know that?  Emma was happy that she came anyway.

Then the following week, she lost her second tooth- this time at dance class.  I wasn't there when it happened, as  I usually drop her off and run errands.  Ms. Rosemary, her teacher, did an excellent job helping her and actually keeping the tooth safe for us.

Hopefully, the next tooth lost will be lost at home.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have a strict one week policy as far as teeth are concerned....one week after it comes out of the mouth, it goes in the trash. I mean really, who wants a jar ful of baby teeth to take with them to their next phase of life?!? Gross I think.

Anonymous said...

2 in 1 week! WOW! Go Emma! I am not ready! I had bad childhood experiences...hopefully Dan is home! :)

Cheryl said...

Did you know the toothfairy is forgetful at our house? It isn't the easiest thing to remember some nights when they take forever to go to sleep in anticipation. We've had siblings loose them around the house for the other person, not fun. At least she has some great stories to go along with them though.

Freddie Dawn said...

Braeden lost one playing outside in the snow. Yeah go ahead and try to find that tooth lol. He likes that the tooth fairy knows everything and as long as he is in his bed, she will bring his money lol.