This weekend was our ward camp out at Bartlett Lake. We didn't go overnight, mainly because I didn't want to subject our ward to the angry cries Drew was certain to make if he was forced to sleep somewhere other than a nice warm room. He's grumpy like that.
So, instead, Marcus took Kyle and Emma up to the lake early Saturday morning. I stayed home with Drew, got a lot of laundry and cleaning done, and spent an hour walking blissfully around Hobby Lobby without having to worry about children breaking things or throwing fits.
A friend of ours from the bishopric has a boat, so Marcus and the kids got to go fishing with him on the boat. I hear the morning started with Marcus being dumped over the side of the boat into the lake while trying to untangle his line from a bush near the shore. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of that!
The kids have their own fishing rods- but we just tie floaters on and let them cast into the water. I think Emma would do it all day if you let her.

Kyle touched the fish. Marcus said Emma wouldn't do it.

Both kids love to "drive the boat"- just like at Grandpa's house.


It was a little chilly out there this weekend.

Thanks, Don, for the fun time!
No comments:
Post a Comment