The good news: My husband is the most wonderful guy in the world. Sorry, married ladies, but it's true. And he's an amazing gift giver to boot.
The bad news: He makes it awfully hard to match.
For my birthday, Marcus gave me a huge surprise: he flew my sister Laura in from Virginia Beach for the weekend!
I haven't seen her in over 3 years, and I probably won't see her again for at least that long, as she is moving to Korea in the fall.
Marcus told me he had to work for a few hours on Friday (his normal day off). I took my kids to the splash pad while he "worked", and when I got home, my doorbell rang. Marcus told me he sent me an early birthday present, so I opened the door expecting flowers or something. But instead, there stood my sister! It was so cool!
On Saturday, my birthday, we went to the grocery store and Deseret Book while Marcus golfed in the morning. We opened presents and had cake in the afternoon.
That evening, she watched the kids so Marcus and I could go out on an actual date! We went and had tepanyaki at Ah-So, then saw Robin Hood at the theater. It was a great night out.
On Sunday, we didn't have church due to the Gila Valley Temple dedication, so we drove down to Tempe Town Lake and let the kids play at the splash pad.
Monday was Girl's Day. Marcus took off work to stay with the kids so we could enjoy a day together. We went shopping at H&M and Fashion Square in Scottsdale, ate lunch at PF Chang's, got massages at Elements in Glendale, then finished up with a dinner at Olive Garden with some friends from church.
We had a wonderful time, and my kids loved playing with their Aunt Laura. Drew has been crying all morning and I'm sure it's because he misses her :)
Thanks Marcus, for a wonderful present. And thanks to Dan, Laura's husband, for helping this weekend be possible. I love you all!

2 comments:
I am impressed lucky you, i am glad you had such a good birthday!!! Wish I was there.
Wow that was so cool and thoughtful. Happy late birthday!
Post a Comment