September 27, 2009

All about a boy

We are busy preparing for baby boy to come. I can't believe I'm into single digit days now! 9 days and baby E will make his way into the world. Of course, I am physically ready to be done with pregnancy, but otherwise..... let's just say I have a lot to do. There is a car seat to wash and set up, a bassinet to track down the pieces for, diapers and baby toiletries to buy, and a few clothes to purchase so he has something to sleep in.

We pulled down the baby seat from the "attic" yesterday. Kyle loves it. He thinks it's fun to sit in- even though it's in pieces while I wash all the covers.
Also, yesterday, Kyle told me he needed to go potty. I am not actively training him due to the impending arrival of little brother, but hey, if he tells me he wants to try, I'll let him! So I took off his diaper, set him on the toilet, and lo and behold- he actually went! I guess I'll just keep letting him go as he's interested for now- maybe I'll get lucky and have a self-trainer!

Not much else going on these days-- just counting down the days and trying to pretend like I'm not. Let's just keep that between us, okay?



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck with the last few days Valerie! I know how hard they can be.... I UPS'd you a big box full of newborn baby boy stuff. I sent it on Thursday, so you should get it soon. It's got lots of onsies and jammies, so you may want to wait and see before you go shopping. Sorry it took me so long...I was going to send it home with you from the reunion, but forgot.
Good luck with the c-section...can't wait to see the little guy and find out his name!
Brooke

Laura McBride said...

Same here! Don't buy any pj's unless you find some you absolutely have to have. I'm gonna send you some zipper ones! I can't believe it's 9 days away! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH.... your baby is comming soooo fast! Oh that little kyle, what a smart boy! We have a present for you, I will drop it by tomorrow!