Today was a rite of passage for all us Mormons- Emma's first Primary Program. Being the Primary President, I was much concerned with the success of all the children, but it was hard NOT to be distracted by Emma's hilarious, wonderful singing. She always sings loudly, but not as loudly as she did today. I don't think I could hear most of the Primary over her. She also makes funny faces when she sings because she's concentrating so hard. It is just very entertaining to watch. Many people commented on how fun it was to watch her sing.
I took some videos with my digital camera, but for some reason Blogger is not uploading them, so I'll try to get them up later. I'm biased but I think they're funny.
Aside from Emma, we had one kid who shut his eyes the whole time, one who chewed on his shirtsleeves, one who cried in the middle of the program, and one who just wouldn't stay with in his seat and played with everything he could get to on stage. A few poking matches, some eye-rolling, and of course the few program parts you can't understand a word of. Gotta love Primary!
Still, the principles of this year's theme "My Eternal Family" are inspired. I'm thankful for my eternal family and I hope to be a better example for my children so that they will be ready and able to go to the temple and perpetuate their own eternal families. I love my husband, my sweet kiddos Emma and Kyle, and we're so looking forward to welcoming baby boy.
All things considered, it was a wonderful day.
Here's Emma with her reward (from the teacher, not me!)- a punch ball:

Showing off her special hairstyle

Kyle trying to get in on the action

5 comments:
Having served in a Primary presidency, I know how much work and worry goes into the program. So congratulations on it being over! And good job, Emma, for being the child who sang the loudest, someone has to be. Last time our primary (father's day?) sang Jonas went up with the kids and was right in front. After the first song he got a sad face and yelled "I don't want to be up here!" So funny.
You got to love primary. Kids are so funny!!!
ahh I really miss you guys. I wish I could have been there. Impressive that Emma will sing loudly Zach is afarid to sing.
way to go Emma
It was great, I have to tell you how great it felt to feel the spirit as soon as they started to sing that first song through to the end, I love Emma's singing, she inspires us all to do more! She is such a joy to have in my class! Thanks for all your hard work, it was amazing, even with all the little things going on. I really admire you and all you do, thanks for being such a great friend too!
Hey I really like Emma's hairstyle. I need more pictures of it so I can try it on Katie's hair.
Post a Comment