I went in for my weekly poke and prod, preceded by a size-check ultrasound. For some reason, my OB thinks I look too small to be 36 weeks pregnant, so he wanted to make sure baby boy is growing okay.
As the nurse practitioner looked at my films, she noticed that in all three ultrasounds I've had, the same comment was made- "abdomen is measuring small" (in more medical jargon than stated here). It was about a week and half behind the rest of his measurements. She wasn't sure why, but promised to talk to my OB and have him call me. I tried not to freak out too much or google the problem (trust me, just don't ever do that) until the next day, when my OB finally called. He told me he had a low level of concern but wanted me to meet with a perinatalogist/fetal specialist to get a 2nd opinion.
Well, I met with her the next morning and got an ultrasound. After doing all her measurements and doing a complete anatomy check, the sonogram tech told me "I don't know what they got you all worried for- your baby is measuring just fine. I then met with a high-risk OB, who confirmed everything was just fine.
Whew! Better safe than sorry, I guess. At least I got some good shots of baby boy.
He was sucking/swallowing in this one.

Can you see part of his little face? He's squished under other parts, and don't worry- the dark spot is just where he was using me as a pillow.

On Saturday, the stake held its annual Princess Ball. Emma has been so excited about this since she got her invitation a month ago. So we got her all gussied up in princess gear,


got her a date with "Prince Daddy", as she calls him,

and sent her off to the ball. They took pictures, made a crown and wand, and did A LOT of dancing. They also had cookies for refreshments. Apparently Emma really enjoyed the dancing.

While they were gone, Kyle got in some guitar practice.

He kept asking when Emma would be home. Guess I'm not as much fun as she is.
So, a little anxiety, a little fun, some organizing, a night out with the girlfriends, and this week has come to a close. I'm ready for this week's adventures. Or I will be- after a good night's sleep.
5 comments:
That princess ball sounds like such a cute idea. I know some girls who would be all over that activity!
I'm glad everything is okay with baby in-utero (with no name...). I can't believe you are down to your last two weeks! I can't believe it's almost October!!!
Valerie, that is the scarest thing I have heard! I am so glad that baby is doing good and you are too- super cute pics! Emma looks beautiful in her princess out fit (super cute pic with Marcus), and little kyle looks like a natural with that guitar!
I was praying for you, I'm so glad it went okay, the Princess Ball was the best, Brynlee LOVED it, I've enjoyed looking at all the pretty princess pictures from it and really enjoyed my time with just my boys- we went to the park and played games and made milkshakes!
Emma's hair is so cute once again. Why am I not talented enough to do Katie's hair like hers? Maybe because Katie still won't let me brush hers without tears lol.
I am glad the baby is okay. I love the idea of an annual princess dance. How fun!
Post a Comment