September 3, 2009

Falling into Fall

I know it's only September. I know it's still 103 degrees outside. But for some reason, I felt inspired to bring out my fall decor, such as it is, and start decorating.

I don't have quite the decorating eye that so many of my friends and family members have, and I am somewhat limited in what I can make myself these days, so this is the best I can do for now.


Our name blocks with mini pumpkins in a vase

Monogrammed pumpkin

My kitschy tea light holders seemed a little cuter when placed around this cute sign.

I wish I could say I made this, but my arthritic hands couldn't handle it. I found this at TJ Maxx.

I DID make this garland last year- it's hanging on our mantle this fall.

I still would like to decorate my kitchen and maybe some other areas through the house. For inspiration I found Fall Nesting Week at The Inspired Room. I love blog hopping and getting inspired by these other creative women. I can't remember where I found the monogrammed pumpkin above, but it came from last year's Fall Nesting Week. Hopefully I'll come up with some more cute ideas to continue my decorating in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny val, i bring my decor out on labor day.... i think it makes it feel cooler! I love your decor and every time I go to your house I think..."I wish I could make my house look as cute as valeries!"

p.s. Auri loves your shoes that you made! thanks! OHHHHH what are you needing for your new baby boy, or for you?

earnestendeavors said...

Very cute, Valerie! You must be getting ready for baby!

Diana said...

I don't know what you are talking about Valerie you have lots of cute decorationg ideas, I used to get some of my ideas from you. I can't wait to have a place of my own with room to actually decorate again. Your house looks cute!!