April 14, 2010

The Birthday Celebration

The day began early. Most of my days do, especially now that it is getting bright earlier. Emma came bounding out to see her birthday decorations.


She opened some presents.

We ate "eggy bread". (French Toast for most of us)

Emma and Kyle played with her presents all morning, nonstop.

Marcus came home on his lunch break to take Emma out for a special daddy-daughter lunch. She chose McDonalds.

Emma also got to choose dinner. We had Toy Story Mac 'n' cheese. For some reason, the characters taste better than regular mac 'n' cheese.

After dinner, it was cake (I really need to take some decorating lessons- so I am not posting a picture) and presents from the grandparents.


Finally, she went to bed, another year older. "I had a really fun day," she told me.

I did too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little Emma!

Brooke said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Emma! I'm glad you had a fun day! And Valerie, from my own experience, decorating cakes is one of the most painful things to do with RA. Something about squeezing the icing bag just really gets to you...so maybe just stick to ordering cakes...one less thing to have to worry about!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Emma, she is becoming quite the little grown up. She is so cute, glad to hear she had a great birthday and Mom too.