Oh my- what a weekend we had! Marcus had Friday off work so we had an extra day to go crazy. Our Friday morning started with this:

We make sure each child's day starts off special like this. It's so great to see their faces as they run down the hall and see this waiting for them! Kyle opened presents from Mom and Dad that morning.


I'm not sure if you can tell, but he really likes Buzz Lightyear.
I took the kids to the park for the morning. After lunch and "quiet time", Emma had dance class. Afterwards, Marcus brought Kyle and Drew to meet us for Kyle's birthday dinner at Peter Piper Pizza, which is like Chuck E Cheese if you're not familiar with it. Here's a tip-- don't got to places like that on Friday nights. It's insanely busy. But the kids had fun, which was the point. We got home at 8:00, past normal bedtime, and still had cake and presents from the grandparents to open.


Finally, everyone was in bed, and rest was had.
Saturday morning began early with an Easter Egg Hunt put on by my oh-so-creative friend Jen. The kids had a blast hunting for eggs filled with coins and treats, and then we enjoyed a nice lunch and time at the playground. Other than the 15 minutes I spent hunting for Kyle's shoes so we could leave, it was wonderful!



We made it home in time to quickly change and head back out the door to catch a spring training baseball game- the Diamondbacks vs. the Indians. Drew cried the first three or four times the crowd cheered, and Emma was pretty whiny by this point, but otherwise the game was fun. The Dbacks lost, though.


We hurried home, gave the kids a bath, and cleaned up the house before our friends Anissa and Lee came over. We met them at Red Robin for dinner, then put the kids to bed and spent the evening playing Oh Heck.
Sunday was the usual madness- meetings, meetings, and more meetings, topped off by tired kids and a screaming baby. I can't really complain, though, since it was our own fault running them all over town for two days.
So, our weekend was fun but exhausting. Really, though, I am thankful we have so many opportunities to spend time as a family, and to experience a lot of fun things. I hope we made some memories this weekend.
2 comments:
Sounds like a ton of fun oh I miss this time of year down there and you guys I have been so lonely up here I am sure it doesn't help it is still winter here glad you are doing good.
Hey you! I haven't blogged forever but I wanted to tell you that I miss ya! And you have CUTE kids!
Post a Comment