For Family Home Evening, we decorated Christmas cookies. I actually practiced some restraint and let the kids do most of the decorating, including dropping globs of icing in the center (Kyle) or gently scraping the icing until it filled in all the parts of the cookie (Emma). I managed not to freak out too much, except for when Emma put the icing knife in her mouth
I don't particularly enjoy doing this. I used to, as a kid. But now that I realize how much work it takes to get the dough roll-out perfect, cut and bake the cookies, wait for them to cool, mix the icing colors, and decorate them, somehow it's not as fun anymore! But they do taste great, and the kids have a great time.

Thanks, Mom, for all the years of doing this for us, so I can now carry on the tradition with my kids. Sending a virtual cookie your way:


3 comments:
Decorating cookies always sounds like so much more fun than it is for a mom, but the kids love it. Good for you for letting them enjoy that Christmas tradition. By the way, I am still working on a gift for Drew. I promise I'll finish it soon.
agree!
The cookies look wonderful. Love great traditions! Your card was adorable. The kids are getting big. hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment