June 2, 2009

It's a......baby!

Today was the big 2nd Trimester ultrasound. Baby was happy to show off the nether regions, unlike miss Emma, who took the entire half hour to be cajoled into opening up for the u/s tech.

So, we look forward to welcoming Baby Boy to our family in October.

Here's a cute shot (as cute as ultrasounds can be- and don't worry, no boy parts showing)




When asked what she thinks we should name her soon-to-be little brother, Emma promptly replied "Kyle!"

But Emma, we already have a Kyle.
"Name him Kyle Again. I like that name! We can have two Kyles!"
In the car on the way home I tried to convince her to come up with some other boy names. Reluctantly, she gave up on Kyle and presented this list:
Max (as in Max and Ruby- she names all her toys Max)
Mario (as in Super)
Oso (as in Special Agent.... a Disney show)

I think maybe in my RA-flared state I've been letting her watch too much TV....

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations! We obviously love boys at our house! Oh...and when you're pregnant with your third AND have RA, no amount of TV is too much TV... hope you feel better soon!
Brooke

earnestendeavors said...

Congratulations! And the TV - you do what you have to do. She'll turn out just fine.

Laura McBride said...

Cade loves OSO, and it helps me get him to do certain things. I give him a 'special assignment' with 3 special steps. Works every time! He doesn't even miss Little Einsteins anymore :(

Unknown said...

Yeah Congratulations Valerie. That is going to be lots of fun. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes good. That is actually a good ultrasound picture. Mine were always kinda strange.