May 27, 2009
Aunt Carolyn
My Aunt Carolyn passed away yesterday. Of all my aunts and uncles, I was probably closest to her. She and my mom were close. Her kids are closest to us in age (well, some of them). For years our families exchanged Christmas gifts. I have fond memories of Carolyn and her home: playing in the hot tub, getting Arbonne makeovers, wondering when I was little why people called her "Cookie". At my baptism, my bishop thought she was my grandma because if her gray hair (there's quite an age difference between her and my mom). She saved the day at my wedding by fixing the busted zipper in my gown. I loved the miniatures she so painstakingly put together. The few times we drove through Denver we could always count on Carolyn and Bill to let us stay in their home. My memories are scattered through time like my words here. It's hard to believe she's gone, even though it's been years since I've seen her. We are going out to Denver, her home, this summer, and I was really looking forward to introducing my kids to her. I'm sad they won't ever know the fun, spunky lady I grew up with. I am glad her long battle with cancer is over, and I look forward to seeing her again someday. We love you Carolyn, and our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Valerie, I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing good.
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. What a blessing it is to know where we go when we leave this earth.
Sorry to hear your sad news.
Post a Comment