When I changed Kyle this morning and found ant bites all over his body, I knew it was going to be a long morning.
I spent most of it hunting down the entry points for the ants, obliterating them, and spraying the entire west wall of our house, indoors and out, with insect spray. I had to beat down Kyle's crib and wash it, as ants were crawling all over the frame and the bedding. This was really fun with my protruding belly and stiff, painful hands.
I believe there was only one entry point- the phone jack on the west wall, hidden behind Kyle's crib. But overnight the ants spread through the house- into Emma's room, into the pantry. Fun stuff. Now I get to play the fun game "Where will we find more ants?" I vacuumed all the rooms thoroughly, including the pantry, but you never know where more will show up.
These ants bite. Their bites hurt. A lot. And they itch. A lot.
My poor Kyle....
After I finally got rid of all visible ants, I took Emma to swimming lessons, ran into Walmart for a quick errand, and drove to my OB for a follow-up ultrasound. I couldn't find anyone to watch the kids, so I relied on the Leapster and my Itouch to keep them occupied (thank you portable electronics!) Last week they couldn't see the spine because baby boy was too comfortable lounging on his back, and my amniotic fluid levels were too high. This week the technician got all the pictures she needed, but I have to wait to hear on the fluid levels. Hopefully all will be well....
And hopefully, no one wakes up with ant bites tomorrow.
4 comments:
That sounds terrible Valerie, its making me want to itch. Try planting geraniums and other flowers around the outside of your house that supposibly repel ants, don't know if it will work but it could be worth a try. Also, I wish I was still there I would have gladly watched your kids for you.
How horrible! Ants...sorry that just sounds awful.
But congrats on the boy!
Hey Val, I hate ants... we have 2 apple trees, so I feel your pain! Call me whenever and I'll watch your kids- Brody and Isaac would have loved it!
Val, the ants aren't going to go away with the stuff you buy in the store, they just come back. Your going to need the Orkin man. Trust me, Chris is one. Obviously he is to far away to treat you guys for free, but he could give you a good deal on a serivce or something. Email me, or send me or send me a facebook message. Chris wants to know if they are fire ants. He said Dawn dish soap works really well on the bites, scrub them with that.
Post a Comment