October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!


It's my sweet baby's birthday today!  It's been a long year.  I know people have had it way tougher than I have, but I also won't minimize my struggles with that argument.  For me, whether it's the addition of a 3rd kid, Drew's naturally grumpy personality, or just a combination of way too many sleepless nights, crabby days, serious arthritis pain, and the normal ups and downs of life- it's just been more difficult than I thought it would be to adjust.  We've had a lot of ups and downs, my grumpy baby and me.  However, I'm so glad he is a part of our family.   He makes me happy when I see his sweet smile, his bouncy dancing, his delight in his toys and in his siblings, his desperation to get to Daddy when he walks into the room, and when I hear his hysterical laugh as I tickle his tummy.

I'm thrilled we made it through this year, and I'm excited to see what year #2 has in store.

(We haven't officially celebrated yet, so those pictures will come soon....)

No comments: