July 5, 2010

More Painting

Painting the kitchen got us in a painting mood.  I was inspired by a blog post somewhere out there in blog land to convert our boring sheet mirror in the bathroom into something a little more classy by adding molding as a frame.  We had some mis-steps along the way, but eventually it turned out great.  Well, then we decided we really liked the black in the bathroom, and since we didn't want to replace the cabinets, we simply painted them black.  We also painted our clock and added a new light fixture over the mirror.
Here's the before:  (ignore the pajama-clad photographer)



Here's the after:





I love it!  Thanks Marcus for helping me in my quest to beautify our home.

6 comments:

Annee said...

it looks great!

Anonymous said...

looks amazing!!!!! simply beautiful!!!

Alyssa Lark said...

that looks so good... the framing around the mirror is sweet!

Brooke said...

I love it! I've been trying to come up with the energy to paint my bathroom cabinets...they are so 1999. (seriously) I haven't had the guts to do it yet, but maybe you'll inspire me!

Diana said...

Wow it looks great!! so does your kitchen amazing how some small things, although I'm sure it was time consuming, can turn out sooo good love it

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks SO GOOD!