Hmmm....
Well, it's supposed to be 115 with a high dewpoint. Usually about now, the monsoon storms start rolling in (hence the high dew point) to lower the temperature to a more liveable 105 or so. But so far, nothing. Unless you live in Apache Junction. They get all the rain. All 1/2 inch of it.
So, what's a family to do on a hot summer day? Normally I barricade the kids indoors and try to stay cool in the a/c, but they were also a little disappointed that swim class was cancelled that day. So, we pulled out the new slip n slide that I bought at Walmart for 5 bucks, and it entertained them through the heat of the day.
At first, the kids didn't know how to slide. They would just run down it.
Finally by the end, they got the hang of it.
They were muddy, grassy, and soaking wet, but man did they have fun.
I don't miss the work of having your own pool, but sometimes, like when it's supposed to be 115, I REALLY wish we had a pool.
Slip n Slide, the kiddie pool, and trips to the local splash pad will have to suffice.




1 comment:
Okay so don't miss that kind of heat I feel your pain. I guess there are some advantages to having a cold winter, windows open during the summer. Looks like the kids are still having fun.
Post a Comment