I really enjoyed my weekend. It had the best of everything--a date with my husband, shopping, time with family, a special holiday, and SLEEP!
Friday night we borrowed Chelsea from the Todd and Amber Earnest clan to come babysit for us. We wanted to go out to a nice dinner and since Drew is such a handful, I was only willing to leave him with family. Thanks Chels! We went out to Fleming's Steakhouse where we had the most delicious steaks you can imagine, followed by red velvet cake and chocolate dipped strawberries for two. It was... amazing.
Saturday we drove down to IKEA and got some fun little things for around the house. I love that store.
Sunday was, of course, Valentine's Day. Marcus got me a sweet bracelet and these gorgeous roses.

They've opened up just beautifully.

I got him a bunch of his favorite foods and a new video game to play. The kids also enjoyed their treats.

But the thing I liked best about this weekend is this: I finally started getting some sleep! After much thought and discussion, we decided to make Drew go pacifier-free. We are on Day 3, and he has slept through the night twice, plus one night with two short wakings. He goes down for his naps within five minutes, too. It will take me awhile to catch up on 4 months with little sleep, but I already feel SO MUCH BETTER!
I don't know if this week can live up to my weekend, but I'm looking forward to good things ahead.
1 comment:
YEA!!! YEA!!! YEA!!!!
Post a Comment