Things have been tough here at the Earnest household over the last month. The root of the problem was a nasty winter cold, which all three children got within days of each other. It lingered in each one of them, so they were all at varying stages of sickness at once. Emma and Drew both got fevers, Emma and Kyle had the "faucet-nose" syndrome, and all of them had a nasty cough that has lasted for weeks. Drew, being a natural grump, had the hardest time dealing with it, as this was his first cold. I don't think he had a clue what was happening to him, and he was very vocal about his dislike for our little visiting virus. But we trudged through life with sickness, staying home as much as was possible without going insane, and finally resumed normal life.
Except, the sickness caused one teensy little problem. Drew stopped sleeping.
I've posted before about what a difficult sleeper he has been. I also posted how we'd turned a corner, and he was sleeping for 4-6 hours at night before waking. Well, that has flown right out the window.
I'm not going to whine about it too much- I'll just say that he was waking every 45 minutes to an hour (all....night....long....) for over a week while he was sick, and now he is still waking 4-5 times a night, even though he is only waking to feed once. I have read everything I can think of about sleep and tried lots of things to "fix" his sleep problem, but NO ONE seems to have this problem at this age. Any ideas?
So anyway, while we were home recuperating from illness, I took the opportunity to make some Valentine's Day decorations. I didn't have anything, so it was fun scouring the web for ideas.
The kids and I made this fun craft, found here (though I never found a frame for it):

I Modge-Podged these letters from Joann's, which idea I found at My Little Gems:

I made a "Be Mine" banner with scrapbook paper, modeled after this one at Jamie's Digital Designs (hers is way cuter! And, this is a terrible picture)

And finally, I designed and stitched this pillow.

I have more things I want to do, but I think they'll have to wait until next year, as Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. File them in my "Things I want to make" folder, which is sadly, getting larger and larger as time goes by.
7 comments:
Hang in there - he'll learn to sleep sometime in the near future! And very cute Valentine decorations!
Cute!
I love your pillow...so cute! My goal for this year is to decorate a bit for each holiday...Valentines day has been a fun one, but I find I'm itching to move onto Easter now. I guess I need to learn to pace myself.
Hang in there with the sleep...it has to happen eventually!
Okay you are amazing even without any sleep you still mange to have the energy to do all those adorable crafts!! Good luck with the sleeping, Zach was still waking up every 2 hours at 4 months so we had to do the horrible cyring routine, it worked but it was a rough week. Good luck.
We had a very similar unwelcome visitor! Glad to see him. I hope you get some sleep. I haven't had a nonsleeper so I don't really have any advice. Sorry. I just hope it improves for you. I missed you at Meredith's wedding.
I love your Valentine's stuff - how cute! Want to come decorate my house???
Love your pillow! You are so talented...sleep deprived and all! :)
Post a Comment