January 23, 2010

For Alyssa

My sister-in-law Alyssa sent me the link to the tutorial for the Kindle case she made as a gift. I was determined to make my own. I used scrap fabric I had at home and bought some batting for 50% off today at Joann's. Total cost of this case.....$3.99.

And about 3 hours of work.


I'm not exactly a good quilter (ha ha- that's putting it nicely) or even a great sewer, so please don't look too closely. However, I did see a quote at Joann's today that stuck with me.

"Sewing is not a talent. It is a SKILL that can be LEARNED."

True, they were trying to get you to sign up for their classes, and I'm not sure I totally agree with it. After all, I do have some sister-in-laws that do all these amazing projects. You ladies are my inspiration. My natural talent may not lie in sewing, but I have the will to try, try, and try again. Practice makes perfect, right?


3 comments:

Alyssa Lark said...

valerie... it looks great! I love the color combination. Great job! I am glad you got to make one!

Brooke said...

Looks great Valerie! How long have you had a Kindle? It is definately my favorite app on my phone...I wonder if I would like to have an actual kindle as well...it's nice having everything in one device. It gives me hope that whatever medicine you take allows you to do things like that. I said to Joe the other day that maybe I would just have to settle for a life where I couldn't sew or quilt or crochet without pain...but I'm glad to see you can...or do you just work through the pain? :)
Anyway, take care...we're thinking of making a trek out your way in the spring...we'd love to see you guys.
Brooke

Lanna said...

You are amazing and you just keep getting more and more amazing every day. So crafty! It looks awesome! Great job! Love it!