April 27, 2009

Play Ball!

On Saturday, Marcus got D-backs tickets from work, so we took the kids down to the ballpark to see the game. It was Justin Upton Bobblehead Night, so of course we had to go early to ensure we got one. Actually, we got four- two for friends, one for Marcus, and one to sell someday if Upton becomes the star he is supposed to become.

Anyway, we got there an hour and a half before the game started, so we took the kids to the Peter Piper Playhouse and the Sandlot to play for awhile.





When the kids got bored, we made our way to our seats. We were in the section behind home plate, about 25 rows up. Nice! The kids were really only interested in eating (nachos, hot dogs, soda, and ice cream- oh yeah!), although Emma did get into it a little later. First I had to convince her that the Diamondbacks ARE the Dbacks. Once she go that figured out, she liked cheering and clapping for the team, so I amused myself by having her shout things like "Go Upton!" "Throw a strike" and "Let's go Dbacks!" She also said "Slaten sucks!" though I didn't mean for her to repeat that one..... oops. She's right though- and now he's down to AAA, thank goodness.

Kyle amused himself by flirting with the people behind us and of course, gorging on all the food. The kid is pretty cute- I have to admit. He makes the funniest faces and delights everyone.






Unfortunately, the Dbacks lost to the Giants (keeping up the tradition of losing almost every time I come to a game), but we had a fun time. Maybe we'll go back for the next bobblehead night- we can collect all five!

No comments: