April 19, 2009

The Car

It took phone calls, emails, waiting on a sales appointment for a salesman who never showed, a few test drives, a "tent event", and finally several hours working through the details with a good salesman. This is what we have to show for it:



A new 2009 Nissan Pathfinder- super black with cafe latte interior.

We didn't set out to buy a new car. We were going for an 07 or maybe an 08, but these are apparently very hard to find in Phoenix. Also, turns out right now is an incentive period, and the end of the month, so we really got a decent price for a brand new car.

I've never owned a brand new car. My parents never made payments on a car growing up, so I drove things like an 89 Olds Cutlass Ciera or a 93 Ford Taurus. They did the job, but hey- I'm kind of looking forward to driving a car with no history, no unknown problems, etc.

Overall, the process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I highly recommend buying a car through the Internet sales division if you work with a dealer, as they have a completely different approach than a lot salesman.

The car should be here Wednesday. We're looking forward to driving it.

Now does anyone want to buy a 97 Nissan Altima?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations! There is nothing like the feeling of driving a brand new car - you're going to love it!

Freddie Dawn said...

I am uber excited for you. Split bench seating I am very envious. As soon as I can trade in my car for less than I owe....I am going that way too.