April 13, 2011

The Birthday

Yesterday, Emma was so excited for her birthday that she woke up at about 5:50.  I sent her stomping back to her room, imploring her not to start off this day grumpy.  I know she's excited, but really- that's a little TOO early.

At about 6:30, I gave in and let everyone get up.  We had lots of fun opening presents before school.


Thanks so much to grandmas and grandpas who thought of our Emma on her birthday!




At school, she got to wear a birthday crown, and everyone sang to her.  Daddy picked her up after school and took her to lunch at Paradise Bakery, where they gave her an extra cookie.

Then, we got to sing happy birthday to her at home and eat cake.

In case you're curious, I made this with Marshmallow Fondant tinted leaf green, then cut out the flowers from white fondant.  I followed the tutorials here.  The flower is from Michaels- when I saw it, it just said "Tinkerbell" to me- I dont' know why!




Emma finished up the birthday celebration with recognition at her dance class, where she got to wear a ribbon during class.  The girls do a special dance around the birthday girl, then all come in for a group hug.  It's very cute!

We're so grateful to have Emma as part of our family.  She is so fun and energetic, so sweet and loving, and such a great helper.




No comments: