March 9, 2011

The Miracle Cure

When you have a fussy baby, advice abounds.
"Take him for a walk."
"Put him in a swing."
"Set him in his carseat and put him on top of a running dryer."
"Drive him in the car until he falls asleep."

I was thankful for all the tips when Drew was a fussy infant.  Some of them helped.  Some didn't.  But one thing that has ALWAYS worked, even now, is putting him on the bed.

I don't know what it is about a bed.  No matter how upset he was, if I would just lay him on the bed next to me and let him play, he would be in heaven.


Now, he still has fussy days.  And I can still put him on the bed.  He lays on his back, kicks gleefully, and laughs his head off.

Now, brother and sister get into the act.  They all climb up with him and play with him.  Sometimes it gets a little crazy, but I'd rather have screams of laughter than screams of discontent.





Plus, it's just fun to watch.

No comments: