The anti-zombie remedies are on the way, I hope. Once the insurance red tape has been cut through, I'll be back on my arthritis drugs and hopefully feeling some relief. Helping baby Drew sleep better, however, may be more complicated.
Drew has tummy issues that cause him to wake screaming every hour or so all night (except for the rare exception here and there when I think I will lose my mind- thank you Heavenly Father!) He has painful gas that causes him to go rigid and scream until it finally passes, and then he will zonk out until his empty stomach or next gas bubble awakens him. We've switched to a "sensitive" formula and less-gas bottles, and tried gas drops and gripe water- all with limited improvement. Today his doctor recommended that we try ready-to-use formula instead of powdered, as apparently many young infants can't digest the powdered very well. If that doesn't work (or if it bankrupts us) he will be getting a check up and probably some sort of medication.
I feel awful for him when he's screaming. And I feel sorry for myself and Marcus. We're so tired.
4 comments:
oh so sorry Valerie that baby number 3 is not going easy on you right now. They sure all do come with their own personalities and some are just more colicky than others sorry Drew is one of them. It reminds me in a way of Zach as a baby it was a rough time for me then too so I really feel for you because I know how tough it can be and you have 2 others at home too. Good luck I hope it passes soon.
So sorry to hear that you're all not doing too well.... Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. It doesn't seem right that number three should have such troubles...hopefully he'll outgrow it soon or some medicine will help. I used to give Joe children's mylanta on the advice of my pediatrician. It's so hard to see them in pain, but it's so hard to be the parent when they don't sleep too! How are the other kids doing? Hopefully at least they're adjusting well.
We're thinking of you and sending good sleep thoughts your way!
Brooke
My sympathies. Those are a lot of difficult issues to be dealing with all at once. Any one of those issues alone would be plenty!
I am so sorry Val. I recall those colic times as well. It is no picnic that's for sure. I hope the poor little guy gets feeling better soon and you guys can get some much needed rest. Dylan was on levison for awhile. That seemed to help with the gas. Hang in there. It won't last forever.
Post a Comment