August 27, 2009

While away the hours


It's Thursday. It feels like it should be Saturday. The days are so long for me--I am less than 6 weeks from my scheduled c-section (October 6th) and time is dragging. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the pain and exhaustion. I'm excited to meet my new baby boy, but sometimes I wonder how in the world I'm ever going to take care of a new baby when I can't even make myself accomplish more than one or two things in a day. Then I remind myself- this is just a stage. I won't always be this tired, or in this much pain. I'll get my medicine back, and eventually the baby will be born and will sleep decent hours at a time. Eventually. I just need to hang in there for a little while longer. One of my favorite songs always seems to come on the radio just when I need to be reminded of this-- "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker. Give it a listen. But just a warning- it might make you cry. Especially if you are a mom.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep busy. Today the kids splashed in the pool. I sat just inside the door in the a/c and watched them (it's 111 today and I'm a wimp!). They're pretty cute, I have to say.


Now they're taking naps, so I'm going to continue my LOST rewatch. February and Season Six can't come soon enough!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kyles goggles! I can't believe only 6 more weeks! You are doing great!

Diana said...

Yeah you are getting so close I wish I was there with you to help pass the time. I don't miss that kinda heat, it is in the 70s and 80s here. But since Sophie was born Sept. 1 I know exactly how you feel right now. Good luck.