Easter has been a mixed basket, if you will.
On the one hand, we had great fun finding eggs full of candy and enjoying treats from the "Easter Bunny", including much needed dance and sports bags in lieu of baskets!
We had cute new clothes to wear.
But there was the toddler who woke up with the blocked tear duct
who also cried through half of sacrament meeting and all of Sunday School, while refusing to go to nursery.
And to top it off, there was the vomiting 4 year old who didn't get the lid up on the toilet in time. This isn't a candy-induced sickness either- rather something that has been building over the past two days. My best eater has hardly touched a thing since Friday morning.
Then it was time to leave my family for a stake-sponsored Primary Easter program, of which 8 of my 25 Senior Primary children attended. I understand trying to keep Easter Christ-centered, but the reality is, most families weren't going to forgo family gatherings, or interrupt them, for a Primary Program. Sigh.... still-it was a lovely program, and I was there, supporting my eight!
I AM grateful for the opportunity to remember my Savior this day. I was privileged to teach the Easter Sharing Time lesson in Primary today, and I felt the Spirit as I shared my testimony with the children. Did Jesus really live again? Yes, and so shall I!
By the way, these Resurrection Rolls that I made for the Primary are delicious!
Bookmark it for next year- or just make them for fun!
We are missing our friends and family this Easter! We hope yours was a special day too!

1 comment:
sounds like a crazy Easter but glad to see it turned out okay in the end, at least for you . Your kids are getting so big, we sure miss you guys!!
Post a Comment